Google has kept its promise and has diminished the web pages in mobile search with intrusive interstitials on January 10, 2017. Google explains that using interstitials on mobile views will only take more screen space. However, Google has already given every site owner much time to make necessary changes before the massive update trigger.
How to Avoid Google’s Mobile Interstitials Penalty?
Wondering what is the mobile interstitial penalty. Google will observe a mobile interstitial penalty to all those sites that are hiding the entire mobile screen with ads. This crucial revolution will bring in a significant change in the Mobile Website advertising and penalize the websites that display such ads. From now covering, the content with pop-up ads means going against Google’s guidance.
Well, indexing content in the mobile search is necessary. Nevertheless, let’s be honest and confess. How many indexes it? Is the pop-up ad serving its purpose? Do they bring in the potential buyers?
According to Google’s latest advice on Mobile Interstitial Penalty, “To improve the mobile search experience, after January 10, 2017, pages where content is not easily accessible to a user on the transition from the mobile search results may not rank as highly.”
Recently, Ben Silverman from Brafton Marketing said, “The easiest way to avoid the mobile interstitial and pop-up penalty is to think like Google, whose main objective is to make the internet more accessible, browsable, intuitive and honest, especially for mobile browsers. This means there are some exceptions to Google’s pop-up policy: If yours serves a real, honest purpose, chances are you’ll be okay.”
- Do Not Hide Content: – Google wants visitors to have full access to the content and easy navigations. Website owners need to avoid using Scroll Down Ads and those pop-ups which come when users land on the web page.
- Mobile friendly site Label Removed: – Google removed the Mobile friendly sites label since over 85% of all web pages in mobile search results now meet the criteria. Although, owning the mobile friendly website is still vital.
- Boost Content strategies to gain revenues: – The sole purpose of Google’s interstitials penalty is to make content more accessible and visible without those pop-ups.
- Intrusive Interstitials Allowed on Desktop: – Google will penalize sites with Mobile search results only. Yes, that’s right! Interestingly still, all the Desktop web pages are been allowed to have Pop-Ups until now.
- Do Not Promote Pop-Ups in WordPress Plugins: – Yes, whether coupons, offer, promotions ads use every other plug-in carefully. Keep the size small and make sure it is not lagging the content.
- Page-to-Page Interstitials Will Not Be Penalized: – Google will not penalize all pages with interstitials. Yes, you can still use the display of interstitial if visitors navigates the website’s internal pages as Google will only penalize those pages which visitors clicks on the search engines.
So let us see with this deep freeze in Mobile Interstitials Ads and Pop-Ups what tactics will marketers apply? We would like to hear from you, do drop us your views and comments down below.